Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 2

All is still going smoothly, I had my first ultra sound and blood test on Monday and was suppressed. Woohoo. It's amazing but each little step is almost like a milestone in this process. So with that I added another med, Follistim, twice a day. The follistim is to stimulate growth. So I'm up to three shots a day, let me just say I feel like a human pin cushion now and it's only the beginning. I go in again tomorrow for another ultra sound and blood test, if all is going well I'll go off follistim and onto menopur. I started feeling twinges in my ovary yesterday so it feels as though things are working and moving along as they should. Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well.

I did have my first experience with a Lupron Headache the other night, WOW I feel for anyone who gets those daily. All day it was just a nagging headache so I didn't take anything, that night it got a bit worse so I just figured I would go to bed early and sleep it off like I do any other headache. OH NO was that ever a bad idea. I woke up about 2am in excruciating pain, the worst headache I have ever felt. I finally took something which of course took about 45 minutes to kick in. I now know that when I fell the twing of a headache to take something right away. Oh and I have now had two hot flashes from the Lupron as well, those are an experience let me tell you. But in all honestly if this works all these side effects will be so worth it.

0 comments: